Hire 7th Rise for your event
Choose an available date to start your booking. Alternatively click here to email a booking enquiry.
We offer reduced rates for lower incomes and charitable organisations so please get in touch if the cost is a barrier for you.
We also offer day retreat hire in the low season and when we have last minute availability.
Our wild venue is a great spot to host your own adventure - retreats, business getaways, school trips, charity events etc.
Over the years we have been asked by many people if they can host their own events - yes is the answer - all we ask is that you keep it professionally supervised by your organistaion and in line with our wild life code - we are ultimately an outdoor education venue and want people to discover nature connection, skills, adventure and make lifetime memories.
Tucked away on the banks of the River Fal, our secluded, wild location is one of the most unique settings in Cornwall. At the heart of the venue is the Lost Cottage of Penperth. In addition there are 3 individual accommodation pods; the Potting Shed, Hunting Lodge and Shepherd's Hut. Set within an ancient oak woodland in a private creek, the scene is wild, creative and peaceful. It is the perfect getaway for groups.
There are 16* beds in total:
The Lost Cottage - 10 beds in 4 rooms - Travel room - 3 singles, Butterfly room - 2 singles, Mushroom - 3 singles, Bunk room - 1 bunk bed (2 singles)
Potting Shed - 2 singles
Hunting Lodge - 2 singles
Shepherd's Hut - 1 double
*we have space for up to 20, with use of bunk and camp beds, most appropriate for children under 16 years old
Duvets, pillows and all linen included. We have a large fire pit area ideal for woodfired cooking, long outdoor feast table, hammock area overlooking the river, a well-equipped outdoor kitchen with small gas oven and 4 hobs and inside kitchen store room with fridges. Venue rentals also include firewood.
There are 2 toilets, a washing up area, 2 outdoor hot showers, as well as a versatile indoor communal space known as 'The Barn', with wood burner and indoor seating. All this plus acres of woodland to roam and wild swimming in the river.
Groups have private hire of the whole venue and all the facilities.
There is parking for up to 8 cars in the parking area. Getting to the venue from here is then accessed on foot for 15 minutes by a track that runs through our neighbour's farm.
Email us at [email protected] for more details
Events at 7th Rise
Upcoming events in 2022:
Saturday 2nd July - Bushcraft and Canoeing Day Course
Sunday 3rd July - Foraging Day Course
Monday 11th - Friday 15th July - our Grand Adventure
Saturday 1st October - Bushcraft and Canoeing Day Course
Sunday 2nd October - Foraging Day Course
Examples of previous events hosted at 7th Rise:
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust Foraging for Wellbeing with Stuart Woodman
- Telent Construction apprentices weekend adventure
- Real Ideas young people charity day event
- Sunday Roasts hosted by We are Here
- Wild Magic Day Retreat with Aylin of Circles and Cycles
- Volunteer overnight adventure with Clean Ocean Sailing
- Sequoia Movement Bushcraft Course
- Access Cornwall training residential
- Liddy Scarlet Yoga retreat
- Passenger - UK outdoor clothing brand - photoshoot
- The Path Less Paddled Stand Up Paddle Board Retreats
- Thera-Sea - Mental Health and Stress Management Retreats
- Filson - US outdoor clothing brand - press trips
- Millican - UK outdoor brand - photoshoot
- Cornwall Home Schooling Residential
- Atlantic College Residential
- Hackney Borough Council NEETS Programs
- Marine Acadamy Plymouth Residential
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust Foxclub Courses
- Sweedish teachers biodiversity and sustainability workshop
- Cornwall Food Foundation Apprentice workshops
- Into the Wild wellbeing retreat with Wave Strength Yoga
- Hearth Forest School
- Run for Poverty charity fundraiser - 'Who Dares Wins' style
- Wellbeing retreat with Horizon Inspired
- Fal River Festival Canoe trip
- Falmouth University Green Living Society Foraging courses
- River clean ups with Canoe Cornwall and Clean Ocean Sailing
- Seasalt - UK clothing brand - photoshoot
- Channel 4 filming with the Punk Chef
- Butchery and Foraging with Wildlife presenter Patrick Aryee
- Cold Water Swimming retreat with Sea Swim Cornwall
- Land and Water - UK bodycare brand - photoshoot