Hire our wild venue for your event
Our wild venue is a great spot to host your own adventure - retreats, business getaways, school trips, charity events etc.
Over the years we have been asked by many people if they can host their own events - yes is the answer - all we ask is that you keep it professionally supervised by your organistaion and in line with our wild life code - we are ultimately an outdoor education venue and want people to discover nature connection, skills, adventure and make lifetime memories.
Book our venue
Choose an available date to start your booking. Alternatively click here to email a booking enquiry.
We have space for up to 18 people in 8 different rooms.
Peak season - 1st April - 31st October
3 night minimum
****PLEASE GET IN TOUCH FOR LOW SEASON SPECIAL OFFERS - INDIVIDUALS AND SMALL GROUPS INCLUDED****
Low season (1st November - 31st March)*:
No minimum stay
Tucked away on the banks of the River Fal, our secluded, wild location is one of the most unique settings in Cornwall. At the heart of the venue is the Lost Cottage of Penperth. In addition there are 4 individual accommodation pods; the Treehouse, Potting Shed, Hunting Lodge and Shepherd's Hut. Set within an ancient oak woodland in a private creek, the scene is wild, creative and peaceful. It is the perfect getaway for groups.
There are 18 beds in total:
The Lost Cottage - 10 beds in 4 rooms - Travel room - 3 singles, Butterfly room - 2 singles, Mushroom - 3 singles, Bunk room - 1 bunk bed (2 singles)
The Treehouse - 1 double/2 close singles
Potting Shed - 2 singles (plus 2 camp beds)
Hunting Lodge - 2 singles
Shepherd's Hut - 1 double
Duvets, pillows and all linen included. We have a large fire pit, long outdoor feast table, hammock area overlooking the river, a fully equipped outdoor kitchen including army oven, clay pizza oven and gas oven with 4 hobs. Venue rentals also include firewood.
There are male and female toilets, a washing up area, 2 outdoor hot showers, as well as a versatile indoor communal space known as 'The Barn', with wood burner and indoor seating. All this plus acres of woodland to roam and wild swimming in the river.
Groups have private hire of the whole venue and all its facilities.
There is parking for up to 8 cars in the parking area. Getting to the venue from here is then accessed on foot by a track that runs through our neighbour's farm. It takes 10 minutes to walk down and 15 minutes to walk up.
Email us at [email protected] for more details
Examples of events hosted at 7th Rise:
- Thera-Sea - Mental Health and Stress Management Retreats - 5 in 2020 and 7 in 2021
- Filson - US outdoor clothing brand - press trips
- Millican - UK outdoor brand - photoshoot
- Cornwall Home Schooling Residential
- Atlantic College Residential
- Hackney Borough Council NEETS Programs
- Marine Acadamy Plymouth Residential
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust Foxclub Courses
- Sweedish teachers biodiversity and sustainability workshop
- Cornwall Food Foundation Apprentice workshops
- Into the Wild wellbeing retreat with Wave Strength Yoga
- Hearth Forest School
- Run for Poverty charity fundraiser - 'Who Dares Wins' style
- Wellbeing retreat with Horizon Inspired
- Fal River Festival Canoe trip
- Falmouth University Green Living Society Foraging courses
- River clean ups with Canoe Cornwall and Clean Ocean Sailing
- Seasalt - UK clothing brand - photoshoot
- Channel 4 filming with the Punk Chef
- Butchery and Foraging with Wildlife presenter Patrick Aryee
- Cold Water Swimming retreat with Sea Swim Cornwall
- Land and Water - UK bodycare brand - photoshoot
- Addaction Residential